Charles S. LiMandriAttorney
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., J.D. (1983)
- University of Wales at Aberystwyth, Great Britain, Rotary International Graduate Scholar, Diploma in Int’l Law and Relations (1980)
- University of San Diego Oxford Program, Oxford, England, Sixteenth Century English Literature and History, Graduate Study on Sir Thomas More (1978)
- University of San Diego, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1977)
Mr. LiMandri’s trial experience encompasses many areas of civil litigation. He has successfully represented clients in business litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, and personal in jury cases. Additionally, he has successfully handled cases involving insurance coverage, construction, real estate, environmental and maritime matters.
Since 1983 Mr. LiMandri has tried numerous civil trials to verdict in state and federal courts, and he is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Circle (for obtaining verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars) and holds the highest (“A. V.”) rating for legal skills and ethics (by fellow attorneys and judges) in Martindale-Hubbell national directory of attorneys. He also is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Mr. LiMandri is a San Diego native who is included in Who’s Who in American Law as well as Who’s Who in the World. He is one of a select few San Diego attorneys who is a member of both the American Board of Trial Advocates and the National Board of Trial Advocacy (which is certified by the American Bar Association and the State Bar of California).
Mr. LiMandri is a frequent author and lecturer who has appeared and been published locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. He has also been a featured guest speaker on radio and television including the Fox News Network. He had his own radio show “From the Front Line of the Culture War” on Catholic Radio of San Diego.
He is a member of the Board of Editors of the California Tort Reporter and the California Insurance Law and Regulation Reporter, both of which are published by West Group. Mr. LiMandri is a member of the Congress of Fellows of the Center for International Legal Studies based in Salzburg, Austria, and he is the President and Chief Counsel of the Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund.
Mr. LiMandri’s professional affiliations include the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, District of Columbia Bar Association, National Italian-American Bar Association, San Diego Trial Lawyers Association, Thomas More Society of America, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Rancho Santa Fe Rotary Club (President 1999-2000), and the Thomas More Society of San Diego (President, 2001). He is a past President of the University of San Diego’s National Alumni Association and a recipient of USD’s Outstanding Alumni Service Award (1997).
He is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Thomas More Studies based in Dallas, Texas. He is a current member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Dallas. Mr.Limandri received the Ronald Reagan Gold medal for service to the Republican National Party for 2004 and 2005. He is a past President of the The San Diego chapter of Legatus, which is an international group of Catholic CEO’s, and he received Legatus International’s prestigious “Ambassador of the Year” award for 2005. He has also been given various awards for public service by Catholic and other Christian organizations including Whispering Winds Catholic Conference Center (2009), the Alliance Defense Fund (2009), and Our Lady of the Rosary Parish (2011). He was also given an award by the American Legion in 2007.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- U.S. Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1983 J.D.
- University of San Diego, San Diego, California, 1977 B.A. ° Honors: Magna Cum Laude ° Major: English
Honors and Awards
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Circle
- Included on the 2014-2016 list of “Super Lawyers”
- “San Diego’s Top 120 Most Influential People” by the San Diego Transcript
- Highest (‘A.V.”) Rating for Legal Skills and Ethics by Fellow Attorneys and Judges in Martindale-Hubbell National Directory of Attorneys
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who in the World
- Recipient, USD’s Outstanding Alumni Service Award, 1997
- Recipient, Ronald Reagan Gold Medal, Republican National Party, 2004 – 2005
- Recipient, Legatus “Ambassador of the Year” Award, 2005
- Recipient, American Legion Award, 2007
- Recipient, Whispering Winds Catholic Conference Center Award, 2009
- Recipient, Alliance Defense Fund Award, 2009
- Recipient, Our Lady of the Rosary Award, 2011
- Recipient of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association Service Award, 2016
- Recipient of the Thomas More Society of San Diego Service Award, 2016
- Recipient of the Knights of Columbus Service Award, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Co-Chair of the successful Campaign for San Diego Catholic Radio–Immaculate Heart Radio” along with San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers
- Former Member of the Legatus International Board of Governors
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Congress of Fellows of the Center for International Legal Studies
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Italian-American Bar Association
- San Diego Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Rancho Santa Fe Rotary Club, 1999 – 2000 – President
- Thomas More Society of San Diego, 2001 – President
- University of San Diego’s National Alumni Association – President
- Center for Thomas More Studies – Past Member, Board of Directors
- San Diego Chapter of Legatus – Past President
- California Tort Reporter – Board of Editors
- California Insurance Law and Regulation Reporter – Member, Board of Editors