Noel J. MezaAssociate
Noel Meza is an associate attorney at LiMandri & Jonna LLP. His practice focuses on business and real estate litigation, construction defect litigation, personal injury/medical malpractice, and securities and financial institution litigation.
Noel obtained his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as a Senior Associate Editor of the San Diego Law Review. Mr. Meza received his B.A. from UCLA, where he served as president of the Association of Latino Professionals for America.
Prior to joining LiMandri & Jonna LLP, Noel completed internships for: the Honorable William V. Gallo of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California; the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the U.S. Attorney; the Financial Fraud & Special Prosecutions Unit of the California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General; the Electronic Crimes (eCrime) Unit of the California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General; and the Law Offices of Vatche Chorbajian, APC. Prior to law school, Mr. Meza worked for his family’s real estate investment company, which develops, manages, and invests in properties in California and South America.
Mr. Meza is actively involved in volunteering and giving back to his community and loves mentoring and working with youth. He has volunteered over 500 pro bono legal service hours and earned Pro Bono Service Recognition from the University of San Diego School of Law. Currently, he volunteers as a football coach for La Costa Canyon Pop Warner and mentors law students through the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association (SDLRLA). He is a Board Member for the St. Thomas More Society of San Diego county. Since 2014, he has volunteered as a Youth Group Leader and Instructor at his church and has mentored junior high and high school boys through a mentorship program in La Jolla, California.
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD 2019
- Senior Associate Editor, San Diego Law Review
- Recipient of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Law Student Scholarship and Bar Stipend Award
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), BA 2014
- President, Association of Professional Latinos for America
- Charles S. LiMandri, Milan L. Brandon & Noel J. Meza, Pandemic of Coverage Litigation for Business Income Losses Due to Coronavirus Plagues Insurance Industry, 32 California Insurance Law & Regulation Reporter 81 (May 2020).
- Charles S. LiMandri, Milan L. Brandon & Noel J. Meza, Business Interruption Coverage for the COVID-19 Pandemic: Insurance Industry Fights Biggest Battle Ever Against Difficult Odds, 42 Insurance Litigation Reporter 10 (June 2020).
- Charles S. LiMandri, Milan L. Brandon & Noel J. Meza, Pandemic of Coverage Litigation for Business Income Losses Due to Coronavirus Plagues Insurance Industry, 41 California Tort Reporter 127 (July 2020).
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Bar Stipend Award, 2019
- Recipient, Jerry G. Gonick and Susan S. Gonick Student Scholarship Fund in Honor of Dean Stephen C. Ferruolo, 2018
- Recipient, Mary & Alan Schulman Scholarship, 2018
- Recipient, Warren Family Endowment Scholarship, 2018
- Recipient, USD School of Law Merit Scholarship, 2018
- Recipient, San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Law Student Scholarship, 2017